What we do
It can sometimes be easier to say what we don’t do.
We don’t provide off-the-peg solutions that don’t fit with what you and your organisation really needs at a given point in time. Our services have been developed to wrap our clients’ needs across their key agenda item.
Our two core areas of expertise are:
1. Leadership – what is it?
Our understanding of leadership began in the military models of leadership from over 100 years ago, when personality traits were seen as providing the key attributes needed to lead others. Many great minds have reformulated the theories and practice of leadership, which is now conceptualised as the relationships a leader creates, to inspire others to want to follow them. Leaders are made, not born. Each leader is unique: created from the challenges they have faced, the environment they are operating in and the specific needs of the people they lead.
Haddleton Knight will draw on over 28 years’ experience of working with Senior Leaders of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 organisations as well as people at the most senior levels of Government, and not-for-profits.
Executive Leadership Coaching
The best business coaches are transformational. Our qualified psychological expertise is essential and enables your talented individuals to maximize their potential.
We pride ourselves on providing independent, informed, impartial, and intelligent coaching. This is underpinned by hands-on business experience and the gold standard of professional coaching qualification through The British Psychological Society.
Chartered and Registered Psychologists are the cornerstone of our strategic programmes.
Key to our approach is aligning coaching with the overarching aims of your organisation. A clear step-by-step process allows both the coached executive and the client to trace demonstrable changes in performance right through to the bottom line.
“Emma is an amazing, people-centric, knowledgeable, positive, and inspirational coach that really brings out the best in her clients. I worked with Emma when I got promoted into a broader leadership role. She gave me a safe space to discuss issues as well as offered me insights, tools and thought processes to successfully navigate situations. I would highly recommend her to any currently successful professional that is facing new circumstances and wants to ensure they have all the support they need for continued success.”
Global Brand Executive
Our team use peer-reviewed, behavioural science to create trusted, ethical and reliable coaching relationships. Our person-centred approach helps each leader understand the impact of their intellect, emotions and personal motivations on others and upon themselves.
We contextualize this knowledge within today’s complex workplace. Our coaching solutions include:
- CEO coaching
- strengths-based, positive leadership behaviours
- coaching for promotion
- career goals coaching
- unconscious bias & inclusive leadership
- resilient leadership through high change times & derailment behaviours
- transition & onboarding coaching
- team coaching
- when star performers struggle
- virtual leadership
We design and deliver bespoke programmes using evidence-based techniques. Our solutions maximise the effectiveness of your top teams and individual players, creating the greatest improvements at senior levels.
Our expertise extends to helping senior leaders develop organisational identity, cultural insight and adaptability within global entities.
Our approach works equally well with small to medium sized businesses and across wide groups of middle management.
To do this we:
- clarify your strategic aims;
- assess the personal style, aptitude and motivation of your key personnel;
- identify your priority areas such as eliminating unproductive behaviours and promoting more effective group decision-making.
- evaluate a group’s interactive style, its visible and hidden dynamics, its intrinsic aptitudes and shared motivations;
- design and deliver solutions based on thorough analysis;
- prepare a detailed analysis of areas of strength, development and opportunity; and
- review, with you, the programme’s effectiveness.
Our approach enables participants to achieve deep personal insights as they complete a range of specific developmental activities.
We analyse and talent spot candidates for promotion – highlight who to watch in the years ahead – and increase team bonding.
- high potential;
- hidden talent;
- intrinsic motivators;
- team players;
- those able to work under stress; and
- future leaders.
Leadership Team Development High Performing Teams and Team Coaching
Creating bespoke programs that enable the cumulative benefits of collective performance is a core part of the work that we do. The pendulum swings from seeing humans as innately selfish individuals, to the current thinking that we are highly collaborative and our survival and success is due to a shared purpose and commitment to joint outcomes that we can only create with and through each other.
Any executive who is part of a team has to navigate the delivery of their functional objectives with the enterprise wide requirements of their whole business or organisation. Understanding both the systemic blockers and drivers as well as the relationship dynamics that help or hinder senior leadership teams, is where we as corporate psychologists can add most value.
Whatever stage your leadership team has reached, whether it is dysfunctional or performing, we can work with you to create a high performing, high learning and agile team. Understanding the core psychological principles of successful teams, their identity, purpose and relation to one another is at the heart of what we do.
2. Executive Leadership Assessment for Selection & Promotion
We tailor our executive assessments specifically to your organisation and the data you need to make the most informed selection and promotion decisions.
Our experienced Psychologists can assess your people using any of the many psychometric tools that are approved by the British Psychological Society. We provide meaningful two-way feedback to then produce highly insightful reports to guide your decision making. Our understanding of psychological measurement will give you a litmus test of people’s likely abilities, behaviours and personalities which helps avoid stereotyping and badging.
The personality tools we use will shine a light into your people’s perceptions, preferences and propensities. In terms of ability tests, we have access to all BPS approved suppliers of verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning tests (online and paper based). We test against the relevant senior executive or other appropriate norm groups, so you are able to gauge how the person measures up to their peer group.
The Benefits of HK's approach to Leadership Assessment
- They help get behind the candidate’s answers and enable you, the organization, to understand far more about the person’s actual approach to situations and people. For example, are they highly detailed or strategic? What causes them to feel stressed? This can all be identified.
- It enables you to benchmark your senior new recruits against other executives at this level – are they as good, better or worse than others at this level?
- A one-to-one, 90 minute conversation with our psychologist gets behind the data so you can have confidence in the results.
- Candidates describe their engagement with the process – they often find it developmental/useful and appreciate the time to go through the results. This also creates a positive impression of your organization.
“ISP have used Emma from Haddleton Knight for senior level executive assessment, on a number of occasions over the last few years and have always been delighted with the quality and level of service provided. Emma is an expert and consummate professional and from initial briefing, to client liaison and candidate assessment, Emma works in close partnership, providing our clients with insightful reports that identify the key issues. We would highly recommend Emma to any board”
– Neil, Partner at Independent Search Partnership
Psychometric tools that we can choose and use with your organisation
We only use British Psychological Society approved tools and tests, examples of which include:
- ASE Emotional Intelligence
- ASTA9 Team profile
- Firo B
- Hogan Personality and Darkside
- JCA Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Judgment Indicator
- Leadership Styles Inventory
- Morrisby Profile
- Motivational Questionnaire
- Occupational Personality Questionnaire
- Talent Q
“The standards of service provided have been excellent. They are reliable, responsive and compassionate.”